Wednesday, December 23, 2015

A Lotta Stars



Judith writes:
"I've attached a picture of my quilt, Sleeping under the Stars. It has 225 4-inch star blocks."
225 is a lot of stars.

I think Judith wins the unannounced contest for over achievement in the star category.I am sending her a package of fat quarters from Alice's Scrapbag.




And Barbara S. gets a runner-up prize for 190.



As does Jill who also made about 190.

In the comments last week she said:
"I loved making these stars. I learned so much and had such a great time looking through my fabric. I decided to make four of each as well....it was a good hand piecing project for the year. I got behind during the summer months but I am almost caught up with only about 10 left to stitch. I haven't counted yet, but I should be at the 190 mark. 
Some of the weeks I had so many fabrics to choose from that I think I might have made some extras. I have decided to use them in two quilts...Sister Quilts I am calling them. The layout will be the same with different setting fabric (same print just different colorway). And I think they will be for my two girls.
I can honestly say that if I hadn't decided to hand piece these stars I would have never got them done. It was so easy to sit down in the evening, watch a little TV with the family and make a block or two."
Let's hear it for hand-piecing! 

8 comments:

Rosa said...

That`s great and the quilt looks fabulous!

Merry Christmas!

Jill said...

Just counted my stars, to be sure, and yes 190!
Merry Christmas!

Barbara said...

Judith's quilt is beautiful! 225 stars, wow!
Merry Christmas, Barbara!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Way to go Judith. But, I think the biggest prize goes to you Barbara for sharing all of your knowledge and enthusiasm for quilt history. And, for inspiring all those stars! Thanks again.

Lori said...

That's another lovely quilt! I don't imagine I'll see one I don't like! LOL Merry Christmas!

Judy Dietrich said...

What a great star quilt, with meaning behind each block!! I really did enjoy learning all the info each week. Merry Christmas!!

Jacqueline said...

Way to go ladies. And thank you Barbara for all you share with us. Merry Christmas.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Beautiful quilt Judith - it's so fun to see different versions of the time warp. Merry Christmas!